Congratulations! You have selected to pursue a profession as a cosmetologist in Colorado – which suggests you require to get your cosmetology licensing. This report outlines the actions you require to take to legally practice cosmetology in the state of Colorado by acquiring your license for cosmetology.
three Actions to Finding Your Cosmetology Licensing
- Get an education from a state licensed college of cosmetology.
- Earn your cosmetology certification.
- Take and pass the state board of cosmetology exams.
Step 1: Get an education from a state licensed college of cosmetology.
Getting a college of cosmetology in or close to your region of Colorado need to be no challenge. Commence with an web search like the name of the closest city close to you. Locate every thing from specialized cosmetology schools to profession colleges, which function expert in-college cosmetology salons for hands-on coaching and practical experience that employers appear for.
Step 2: Earn your cosmetology certification.
When you have discovered your cosmetology college of selection, get to operate! Certification may perhaps be much less than 15 months away. The following is a list of cosmetology certification and licensing needs for Colorado.
Colorado State Board of Cosmetology Licensing Specifications
- Cosmetologist: 1800 (60 credits)
- Barber: 1500 (50 credits)
- Cosmetician: 600 (20 credits)
- Manicurist: 600 (20 credits)
- Hairstylist: 1200 (40 credits)
Step 3: Take and pass the state board of cosmetology exams for Colorado.
Now that you have checked off the initially two actions, it is time to get in touch with the Colorado State Board of Cosmetology and get your cosmetology licence.
Applying on the net for a Colorado license in cosmetology if you have under no circumstances had a license from any other state:
- Go to the Colorado State Board of Cosmetology for facts and you will be rerouted to the Pearson Vue web page.
- At the Pearson Vue Internet site, download the application to apply for Colorado Licensure.
- Opt for the sensible abilities examination you are applying for, such as Cosmetology, fill in your licensure history and spend the needed exam charge of $75 and application charge of $30.
- Take and pass the sensible abilities examination
- Apply and spend a $30 charge for the written examination.
- Take the written examination.
- Obtain your Colorado Cosmetology License and be certified to operate as a cosmetologist in the state of Colorado.
Applying for a cosmetology license in Colorado if you currently have a license from yet another state:
Colorado utilizes licensure by endorsement for any one holding an active Cosmetology license issued by yet another state.
- Apply for licensure by endorsement.
- Spend the needed charge.
- Give appropriate documentation.
- Fill out all the proper eligibility types.